Miner's Creek bridge replacement set to begin

Error message

  • Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in _simpleads_render_ajax_template() (line 133 of /home/pdccourier/public_html/sites/all/modules/simpleads/includes/simpleads.helper.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in _simpleads_adgroup_settings() (line 343 of /home/pdccourier/public_html/sites/all/modules/simpleads/includes/simpleads.helper.inc).
  • Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in _simpleads_render_ajax_template() (line 157 of /home/pdccourier/public_html/sites/all/modules/simpleads/includes/simpleads.helper.inc).

Plans call for the bridge over Miner's Creek to be demolished by the end of this week, weather permitting. (Press photo)

By Shelia Tomkins

The bridge that crosses Miner's Creek in the Guttenberg city limits is scheduled to be taken down this week in the first step of a bridge replacement project. City officials expect that the bridge will be demolished by Friday, April 13, weather permitting.

The bridge is located on Garber Road just west of Highway 52 at the south Guttenberg city limits. 

During the project, traffic will be re-routed on Highway 52, across Jolly Ridge Road to Osterdock Road.

The project to replace the bridge has been in the works since the last fiscal year. In January the city awarded the contract to the low bidder, K Construction, Inc. of Elkader, for approximately $825,000. Federal funds will pay for 80% of the project and the city will pay the remaining 20%. 

IIW, P.C., is the engineering firm hired to oversee the project. The contractor has 110 working days to complete the work.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet