Important information for flood damage victims

Error message

  • Warning: array_merge(): Expected parameter 1 to be an array, bool given in _simpleads_render_ajax_template() (line 133 of /home/pdccourier/www/www/sites/all/modules/simpleads/includes/
  • Notice: Trying to get property 'settings' of non-object in _simpleads_adgroup_settings() (line 343 of /home/pdccourier/www/www/sites/all/modules/simpleads/includes/
  • Warning: array_merge(): Expected parameter 1 to be an array, bool given in _simpleads_render_ajax_template() (line 157 of /home/pdccourier/www/www/sites/all/modules/simpleads/includes/
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in include() (line 24 of /home/pdccourier/www/www/sites/all/modules/simpleads/templates/simpleads_ajax_call.tpl.php).

By Melissa R. Collum

The waters are receding and the clean up has began but there are important steps that those with flood damage need to do in order to receive response funding and local help.
According to Crawford County Emergency Management Director Jim Hackett “We need to push the importance of call 2-1-1. That is the only way we can gather enough numbers to possibly qualify for aid from the state for individuals. This does not affect the government response from the state. This would be INDIVIDUAL ASSISTANCE.  There have to be enough homes in the major/destroyed categories to help our argument to the state, which would allow all homes to qualify.  IF YOU HAVE DAMAGE PLEASE CALL 2-1-1! This will open the ability to get SBA loans, assistance from FEMA, donations. It very heavily relies on the publics reporting.”
Residents can call 211, press 1 for local disaster, and an agent will assist in taking their report. If any financial assistance becomes available, your name needs to be on this list. Additionally, people can self-report online using the 211-disaster reporting form here:
If you have sandbags and you want to dispose of them, please take them to the city parking lot behind the radio station. Cut open the bag and place sand in a pile and discard the sandbag in the trash receptacle that has been provided.
Anyone needing help removing the sandbags from their property should call 211 and give that information.
DUMPSTERS for flood damage
Dumpsters for flood clean up are located at the radio station,  on/near Main and Washington, near/on Cedar street and Main, one on the island, and one in the cul-de-sac on Fowler street for the south end of town.
North Main St is closed from Pine Street to McLeod Street, Washington Street from North Main Street to St. Feriole Island and Portions of St. Feriole Island

Rate this article: 
Average: 5 (1 vote)